In the latest episode of Stitched, the designers were challenged to put their personal spin on a piece of men’s outerwear. To make the situation even more nerve-wracking? The contestants had to present to a panel with two seasoned experts. Joining resident judges Joe Zee and ELLE Canada editor-in-chief Vanessa Craft was Eran Elfassy and Elisa Dahan of Canadian outerwear label Mackage. Since launching in 1999, their contemporary and innovative designs are now sold in over 20 countries worldwide. Here are five things you might not know about the brand behind your favourite coat.
1. They designed their first outerwear collection for women in 1999, which expanded to include a men’s collection in 2008. In 2013, they launched their first handbag collection.
2. Mackage has four flagship stores located in New York City, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
Stitched contestants present their designs to the judges in the final challenge. Image by: Corus
3. Sofia Richie starred in the brand’s fall 2018 campaign, which was shot in Vancouver.
4. Stitched host Kim Cloutier lists their moto jacket as one of her favourite fashion items.
5. Mackage has also felt the effects of the “Markle Sparkle.” The duchess has been spotted in the brand’s leather jacket and wool coat.
Judges Joe Zee, Vanessa Craft and Eran Elfassy and Elisa Dahan of Mackage. Image by: Corus
Four talented, ambitious fashion designers compete in a series of challenges, until one is crowned the winner by a panel of judges. Watch Stitched every Sunday at 9pm on Slice.