After months of rumours regarding what hospital Meghan Markle will give birth in, the Palace has made an announcement regarding what to expect when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcome their first child. Buckingham Palace revealed this morning that the couple has decided not to share details about what hospital the baby will be welcomed at.
In a statement, the Palace wrote, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and world as they prepare to welcome their baby. Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.”
The Palace announced Meghan’s pregnancy in October and gave vague details on the due date then: It was just spring 2019. But Meghan herself told well-wishers in January that she was due in late April or early May.
Closer to her due date in mid-March, a source close to her and Harry told ELLE.com that Meghan was four to five weeks away from giving birth (that put her due date closer to mid-April) and was feeling great in her last weeks of pregnancy.
Meghan started her maternity leave at the beginning of April. She made her last public appearance on March 19 when she and Harry visited New Zealand House to pay tribute to the victims of the Christchurch terrorist attack.
Meghan and Harry have chosen not to reveal their baby’s gender ahead of his or her birth, following royal tradition. ELLE.com was previously told by sources close to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex that they did know the baby’s gender though and had elected to keep it a surprise from the public.
From: ELLE U.S.
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's bi-weekly newsletter