Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Top 10 beauty moments of 2013
Image courtesy of Getty Images.
1. Short hair cuts were the celebrity hair style of the year. Just ask Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Jennifer Lawrence, Pamela Anderson and Jennifer Hudson. If you’re not reading this with a pair of scissors in your hands, there’s no help for you.
3. CND launched a line of polishes called Vinylux that promises chip free results for over a week – but the best part is that the lacquers dry in less than 10 minutes using natural light rather than a salon UV machine. A total game changer.
Image by IMAXtree
4. Fendi sent braided fur fauxhawks and purple lips down the runway for their Fall 2013 show. Cue mass fashion pandemonium.
5. The launch of the best lazy girl product around: Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer.
Image by Geoffrey Ross
6 .We discover a cleanse that though extremely painful, actually works and doesn’t involve any calorie counting or starvation. It does involve you being cranky though.
7. Big brows. Our ELLE Canada cover girl Lily Collins did them in epic proportions for our September issue. The catwalk showcased full blown eyebrows at Chloe, Jean Paul Gaultier, Marc Jacobs and this year’s model of the moment was the bushy browed Cara Delevigne.
8. Marc Jacobs solidifies his status as master of the universe by launching a seriously comprehensive beauty line including lipsticks, eye shadow, concealers (which he confesses to to using on the regs) and nail polishes.
Image by IMAXtree
9. Michael Kors passed on bronzers and went with colour on the eye for Spring/Summer 2013. Minds. Blown.
10. The launch of Arquiste brings back
storytelling to the world of fragrance – from Royal convents in 1695 to Russian poets defending their honour in a duel.