From sultry to sophisticated, beauty trends this holiday season will leave you making a lasting impression well into 2008. Here, we enlist the expertise of April Jacob, President and creator of Pink Beauty Cosmetics to give us the scoop on the hottest looks.
1. Soft smoky eye: Go for a subtle wash of colour on the lids — an easy way to achieve a sultry look without being overdone. Sweep the shadow on upper lids to smudge along the lower lash line. No liner required! If traditional black is too “been there, done that” for you, Jacob suggests going the more playful route with a sheer wash of colour like lavender, which looks especially stunning on green eyes. The shade is softer but still has a lasting impact. Time to get your wink on!
2. Dramatic full lashes: Add mascara to the base of lash and use a zig-zag motion to get mascara from root to tip. Apply 3-5 coats for maximum drama! If you want to copy the sultry sexiness of Brigitte Bardot, just apply mascara to the upper lashes only.
3. Flushed rosy cheeks: Apply a sheer rose blush to the apples of cheeks and blend towards the hairline. This gives you that healthy soft glow, like you’ve just come in from the cold, crisp outdoors. How fresh!
4. Sophisticated red lips: Make sure your lips are well hydrated and conditioned with lip balm before applying colour first. A sheer red is an easy way to achieve a soft red lip without being overly dramatic. Nothing says instant glamour for the holidays like red lips do. Select a shade that compliments your skintone based on the undertone of the lipstick itself. Those with fair skin would be best to stick with reds that have a blue undertone; olive or dark skin should opt for orange undertones. You’ll be picture-perfect in no time.
5. Enticing Shine: Add gloss on top of lipstick for an extra-polished look. Lip gloss on its own creates the look of full lips, giving you that seductive, “come-hither” pout. Angelina Jolie, watch out!
For more, please check out www.pinkbeautycosmetics.com
Hair troubles? Check out our 3 steps to hot holiday hair!
Image courtesy IMAXTREE.COM
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.