Problem: Tired eyes
• “A swipe of navy mascara is a great way to brighten tired eyes. You can also use a white or nude eyeliner pencil to line the inside rim of your lower lash line.” – Kimara Ahnert
• “To brighten your eyes, apply a frosty white shadow on the inner corners of your eyes near the tear duct and pat the same shade of shadow along the top of your cheekbones.” – Tony Masciangelo
• “What’s the best remedy for bloodshot eyes? Collyre Bleu eye drops. Just a few of these indigo drops and you won’t believe how white your eyes look.” – Beau Nelson
Problem: Dark circles
• “Blending Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage over moisturized skin with a concealer brush will take you from Night of the Living Dead to a night on the town.” – Jon Hennessey
• “Concealer helps hide late nights, but make sure to apply it only on dark areas so that you don’t end up with two white rings under your eyes circa 1980. Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Éclat works well because it’s sheer.”
– Tony Masciangelo
Check out these products to reduce under-eye circles.
Problem: Puffy eyes
• “The best thing for puffy eyes is a camomile tea bag. Soak it in water and put it in the freezer — the camomile is soothing, while the ice tightens the skin and increases blood flow to the area. After that, dab on an eye cream with caffeine, like M.A.C’s Fast Response.” – Beau Nelson
• “Coldness reduces swelling, so store eye creams in the refrigerator. Look for ingredients like green tea extract and vitamins C and E, which reduce fluid retention and tighten the skin around the eyes.” – Kimara Ahnert
• “Pop two stainless steel spoons into a glass of water and leave them on a shelf in the fridge for a few minutes. Take them out of the water and cup them over your eyes to reduce swelling.” – Chase Aston
How to create the perfect smoky eye
Wrinkles: Are you at risk?
How to get a poreless-looking complexion
Test the latest celebrity hair and makeup trends with our Virtual Makeover Tool!
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.