5 reasons to get inspired by the Thompson Toronto Hotel (unicorns included!)
The ELLE Canada team recently decamped to the Thompson Toronto Hotel for a day of brainstorming to plan for fall 2015 and beyond. We came up with some amazing ideas, thanks in part to our location. Here are five reasons why the space was so inspiring:
1. LET THE LIGHT SHINE IN: There was no dreary, windowless boardroom on our agenda — we snagged the entire glass-encased rooftop bar for our editorial conference. How can you not feel energized to come up with big ideas while sunlight warms your back — and literally shines down on the boardroom table.
2. ROOM WITH A VIEW: How far can we take an idea? A 360-degree backdrop of endless blue sky certainly helps make the possibilities seem endless…
Read More…how we found inspiration from girl bands, unicorns and bubbles!
3. A CLEAN SLATE: The Thompson Toronto’s minimalist decor and colour palette (concrete, glass, stone; grey, white, black) inspired several of our editors to dress for the occasion – and maybe start a girl band! P.S. Zayn Malik we’ve got an opening….
4. UNICORN!: Just how can you come up with a one-of-a-kind, never-been-done-before truly original idea? Leave it to the rare and legendary unicorn – which greets you when you enter the hotel — to set the tone for our brainstorming day. The felted wool creature created by artist Marjorie Campbell is just one of many eclectic artworks on display at the hotel through April 20 as part of the
Love Art Fair Toronto. (And they are all for sale.)
5. BUBBLES!: When you’ve spent a full workday in your very own private rooftop bar, you certainly can’t leave without toasting a successful meeting. Cheers!
Why we love the Thompson rooftop — even in the rain 6 posh rooftop pools in Canada
10 best new hotels of 2014