1. What’s your fitness moto?
I don’t really have one. Most the time I just say: ‘it’s time to get huge.’
2. How do you motivate yourself when you’re feeling sluggish?
Often times if I’m feeling sluggish I make myself go to the gym because I know after I work out (even if it’s a small workout) I always feel a million times better after I hit the gym. Having a workout buddy helps too! My teammate Rosie Maclennan always helps pump me up when I’m low on energy.
3. Workout song that revs you up?
4. Song that helps you chill?
Superman by Five for Fighting
5. Technique you use for relaxing?
Breathing techniques and positive self-talk. Talking to someone helps too.
6. Best training advice you’ve ever been given?
Feel the fear and go it anyways! Be patient. Take your time. Jump like it’s the last time you’re ever going to jump again. Just do it.
7. What you eat first thing in the morning?
Protein shake, Greek yogurt and fruit or eggs and toast and fruit.
8. What you eat before a workout?
I don’t have a specific pre-workout meal. Generally a salad or wrap or protein and rice with veggies.
9. What you eat after a workout?
Some sort of snack with protein and carbs. It varies depending on what I’m feeling.
10. What you wash your face or body with post-workout?
11. How many glasses of water do you drink a day?
I drink about 3-4 bottles of water per day.
12. How do you style your hair during a workout?
Always in a ponytail for at the gym lifting weights or a bun when I’m on a trampoline.
13. Favourite thing to do on during your downtime?
I watch TV or movies, gangout with friends and/or my girlfriend.
14. Biggest food indulgence?
Sam Sendel is part of the CIBC Team Next, a program created by CIBC, lead partner at the Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.