Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
The Host: Iman
BIO Born in Somalia, Iman arrived in New York in 1975.
Her first job? Modelling for fashion photographer Peter Beard for Vogue.
Philosophy "In a world full of trends, I want to remain a classic."
Why She likes hosting PRC "It showcases talent — it’s not salacious. I think we’ve had enough of that on TV."
Advice to PRC designers "Go for the gold and think global! Fashion has no borders: A beautiful dress is a beautiful dress, whether it’s from Toronto or Timbuktu."
•"kneel to the Spanx gods: The right undergarments will give you support and definition."
• "bring colour into your life with bold accessories, whether it’s jewellery, bags, shoes or scarves."
• "believe in ‘little black dress’ magic!"
• "rock your size! Avoid clothes that are too tight or too loose."
• "be a bronzed goddess. Everyone looks yummier with bronzer."
Thou Shalt Not…
• "resort to an eye job and botox when a pair of stylish, oversized sunglasses can hide a multitude of sins." • "always go for the cheap option. It’s better to invest in classics that are timelessly chic."
•" be afraid to mix fashion highs and lows. Instead, think a Chanel jacket with jeans."
• "stifle your animal instinct! A leopard or zebra print never loses its station in fashion."
• "make do with ill-fitting clothes. Always insist on getting a perfect fit through tailoring!"
The Mentor: Brian Bailey
BIO: The designer from Galahad, Alta., launched his eponymous label in 1992.
Philosophy "I don’t dress Barbie dolls; I dress real women who know what they want: great cuts, great fabrics-just beautiful clothes."
His own mentor "The late Max McLean. He sold $1,400 designer suits to farmers — no small feat back in 1974! He taught me to take risks."
Advice to PRC designers "Ask yourself the hard questions: Do you really like the design? Does it reflect your work?"
• "wear undergarments that fit. My pet peeve is underwear lines — Why?! Why?! Why?! It’s better to go commando!"
• "pay for quality — even in a moment of fashion hysteria — because it’s worth the investment.”
• "always use an excellent dry cleaner or iron. Rumpled chic is just that — rumpled!"
• "buy a fabulous outfit on sale and keep the price to yourself! Who needs to know?"
Thou Shalt Not…
• "squeeze into a size 4 when you need a size 8. Embrace your curves!"
•"wear closed-toe shoes with a strapless gown."
•"wear sunglasses with rhinestones — even if you have been to Las Vegas."
• "wear print head to toe — ever."
•"fall in love with a man who doesn’t open the door for you!"
Find exclusive behind-the-scenes videos, weekly exit interviews, extensive photo gallery and cast blogs on the Project Canada Runway website: www.globaltv.com/runway