Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Refrigeration time: 2 hours
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) gelatin
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water
• 1¼ cups (310 mL) 35% cream
• 1 vanilla bean, cut in half and seeded
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
• 1¾ cups (430 mL) Liberté Méditerranée plain yogurt
• 3 cups (750 mL) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
• 1¼ cups (310 mL) maple syrup
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in cold water. Let bloom for 5 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat up the cream, vanilla bean and seeds and maple syrup.
3. Add the gelatin and whisk until completely melted.
4. Remove from the heat and add the Liberté Méditerranée plain yogurt. Stir well. Remove the vanilla bean.
5. Pour into 6 to 8 glasses or ramekins. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the mixture sets.
6. Place the cranberries, maple syrup and water in a blender. Purée until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour into a medium saucepan.
7. Cook over medium heat, and then reduce to low heat. Simmer gently for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring regularly with a spatula to keep the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan. Remove from the heat when the mixture has thickened and has a syrup-like consistency.
8. Allow to cool, and then store in the refrigerator until ready to serve the panna cotta.
9. When ready to serve the panna cotta, pour a little cranberry compote on each one. Pair with spice or gingerbread cookies if desired. Serve immediately.
Use the rest of the cranberry compote as a topping for crepes, muesli or your favourite plain yogurt.
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.