Yield: 2 cups (500 mL)
Preparation: 10 minutes
Stand time: 10 minutes
• 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, finely chopped or passed through a garlic press
• 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
• 1½ cups (375 mL) Liberté Greek plain yogurt
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
• 1 cup (250 mL) cooked beets, peeled and grated
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped dill (or more to taste)
• salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a medium bowl, mix the garlic, lemon juice and salt, and let stand about 10 minutes. (This will help mellow the garlic flavour.)
2. Add the Liberté Greek plain yogurt, olive oil and salt and pepper.
3. Add the beets and dill, and mix well. Check the seasoning.
4. When ready to serve, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with more dill. Delicious served on endive leaves, with plain or toasted pita or in a sandwich.
Serve cold or at room temperature.
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.