The tagline at Lacoste Fall 2015 at NYFW. Photos courtesy of ImaxTree.com.
1. Lacoste creative director Felipe Oliveira Baptista may have just created the must-have logo tee come fall--in the likes of Jeremy Scott's "I don't speak Italian but I do speak Moschino"'s ubiquity last winter. "Rene did it first"--a reference to French tennis player and founder Rene Lacoste's invention of the polo shirt was splashed across models on the Fall 2015 runway. And Baptista himself.
2. Nothing ever starts on time. We knew this and we still fight through subway cars and ice banks to make it to call time. This is not news, more of a lamenting of the obvious.
Photo courtesy of CG by Chris Gelinas.
3. Canadian-born, NYC-based designer Chris Gelinas had his first runway show Saturday at The Standard Hotel, Highline. The "American Dreaming" fall collection is the third in his CG by Chris Gelinas label, which was a finalist in the LVMH Young Designer Prize last year.
4. It's nearly Canada-cold here in New York. We would like this Altuzarra coat now, please. Thanks.
Look at it blow!
5. Alexander Wang has model-worthy hair that perfectly whips and blows as he comes racing down the runway for his final bow--um, lap?
The chicest carry on luggage to bring to fashion week
10 designers to watch for Fall 2015
NYFW Fall 2015: 5 things you need to know from day 1