These were Canada’s top fashion searches in 2017
Lyst has all the data on what you were coveting in 2017. Take a look.
Global fashion search platform Lyst has just released its Year in Fashion report, an annual breakdown on what people searched for around the world – and we got the scoop on Canadian’s top fashion searches.
- Wondering which Canadian city has the biggest style spenders? Toronto overtook Montreal and nabbed the top spot this year.
- Turns out Canada is so over high heels. Sneakers had twice as many searches this year.
- Puffer coats were trending worldwide this year, but Canada (perhaps predictably) searched for Canada Goose versions above all other brands.
- This year Canada’s favourite colour was red – searches for red items increased 110%.
- Canadians were really responsible about fashion too. Searches for faux fur and vegan leather were up 41%.
- Our new fave royal-to-be, Meghan Markle, was the number two celebrity fashion influencer in Canada this year.
- Balenciaga won the most searched product in Canada this year – their Black Race Runner was super coveted.
- Worldwide, Instagram influenced what shoppers were searching for all year. Some of the top cult Instagram items were the Gucci Logo T-Shirt, Cult Gaia Ark Bags, Lisa Marie Fernandez Swimwear and Le Specs x Adam Selman Sunglasses.
- Unsurprisingly, celebrities had major impact on what we wanted to wear. The top influencers? Riri came in at number one, followed by Selena Gomez, Bella Hadid, Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton.
To see all the top global searches, check out the full Lyst report here.