Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 8
From left to right: Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein Collection, J. Mendel, Clover Canyon. Runway by Imaxtree.com; Clover Canyon courtesy of Getty
Lisa Guimond, fashion features editor:
1. Marc Jacobs: There was virtually nothing I didn’t want to take home from this collection. The gothic vibe was sophisticated and fierce, and the pattern play was mesmerizing.
2. Ralph Lauren: The result of oversized fits and heavy layering is both otherworldly and quite current. It’s like the Wild West toned down for city living. And, talk about a statement necklace.
3. Calvin Klein: Simple et chic, as they say.
4. J Mendel: There’s something quite nostalgic about this look. In fact, Mendel’s collection as a whole seems to go back in time to channel a muted kind of urban glamour.
5. Clover Canyon: This is an infinitely wearable outfit, but a tad underwhelming. The patchwork pattern is less playful than I would hope for and the silhouette is eclipsing rather than flattering. I’d take some of the pieces as separates rather than as a whole.
Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief:
1. Calvin Klein: I’m an easy mark for any shape that references a ’60s silhouette. The calf hair patchwork detailing is minimalist perfection.
2. J Mendel: Posh, sexy and powerful. The fashion trifecta.
3. Marc Jacobs: ’70s-kink-boudoir. Marc’s back and he’s on fire.
4. Ralph Lauren: Cozy but a little ho-hum. Next.
5. Clover Canyon: It reminds me of a uniform you might wear if you worked in a coffee joint circa 1970s.
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 1
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 2
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 3
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 4
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 5
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 6
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 7