From left to right: Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein Collection, J. Mendel, Clover Canyon. Runway by Imaxtree.com; Clover Canyon courtesy of Getty
Lisa Guimond, fashion features editor:
1. Marc Jacobs: There was virtually nothing I didn’t want to take home from this collection. The gothic vibe was sophisticated and fierce, and the pattern play was mesmerizing.
2. Ralph Lauren: The result of oversized fits and heavy layering is both otherworldly and quite current. It’s like the Wild West toned down for city living. And, talk about a statement necklace.
3. Calvin Klein: Simple et chic, as they say.
4. J Mendel: There’s something quite nostalgic about this look. In fact, Mendel’s collection as a whole seems to go back in time to channel a muted kind of urban glamour.
5. Clover Canyon: This is an infinitely wearable outfit, but a tad underwhelming. The patchwork pattern is less playful than I would hope for and the silhouette is eclipsing rather than flattering. I’d take some of the pieces as separates rather than as a whole.
Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief:
1. Calvin Klein: I’m an easy mark for any shape that references a ’60s silhouette. The calf hair patchwork detailing is minimalist perfection.
2. J Mendel: Posh, sexy and powerful. The fashion trifecta.
3. Marc Jacobs: ’70s-kink-boudoir. Marc’s back and he’s on fire.
4. Ralph Lauren: Cozy but a little ho-hum. Next.
5. Clover Canyon: It reminds me of a uniform you might wear if you worked in a coffee joint circa 1970s.
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 1
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 2
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 3
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 4
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 5
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 6
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 7
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.