Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 7
The ELLE Canada editors weigh in on five standout looks from the seventh day of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015.
From left to right: Michael Kors, Marchesa, Jeremy Scott, Proenza Schouler, Boss
Sarah Thompson, content producer:
1. Michael Kors: Kendall Jenner rocks the runway in this oversized (and ultra cozy) blue fur coat I could totally see myself warming up with this come fall.
2. Marchesa: Although the red and black floral appliqués are gorgeous, I’d rather see them on one of Marchesa’s signature ball gowns than this fringe blouse.
3. Jeremy Scott: Miley Cyrus will fall head-over-heels for this OTT kaleidoscope look!
4. Proenza Schouler: The asymmetry and rich colour of this gown would definitely make a style star stand out in the streets of NYC. Get ready for your close-up!
5. Boss: The tailoring at Boss Fall 2015 was exceptional, from this colour-blocked coat to the metallic slip dresses. Congrats, Jason Wu!
Lisa Guimond, fashion features editor:
1. Michael Kors: This is yeti-meets-Manhattan, and somehow it works. The colour is rich, sumptuous even, adding depth and purpose to the voluminous coat.
2. Marchesa: You can always count on Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig to craft a truly elegant and glamorous collection. If this look doesn’t make you want to step back in time (and put on your dancing shoes) then nothing will.
3. Jeremy Scott: Mad hatter chic? Lewis Carroll is either flinching or smirking in his grave.
4. Proenza Schouler: While some of the looks from this very architectural collection held their own, this one is a little too haute goth for me. Oh, and the ’90s called – it wants its fishnets back.
5. Boss: Jason Wu knows a thing or two about tailoring. This coat proves that covering up is the new sexy.
Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief:
1. Michael Kors: Only Michael could out shine Kendall on the runway. This furry, fuzzy look is classic Kors: bold, playful and posh.
2. Marchesa: This certainly wasn’t the strongest look in the flapper-themed collection. The top reminded me of a recycled shower curtain with a fringe.
3. Jeremy Scott: A little too understated and muted for my taste. #not #fashionmania
4. Proenza Schouler: It was body-con meets naughty Praire girl, which is a fairly inventive fashion twist.
5. Boss: Jason Wu brings a rigorous precision to his work that ironically gives the impression of being effortless to wear. It’s the perfect combo.
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 1
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 2
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 3
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 4
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 5
Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 Day 6