Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 day 4
The ELLE Canada editors weigh in on five standout looks from the fourth day of New York Fashion Week Fall 2015.
Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief
1. Victoria Beckham: She’s downsized her silhouette, but it’s still a kind of “body con” that most women can carry off. Case in point: this sophisticated and powerful wrap jacket.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg: Talk about a power tux: gorgeous colour, long lean silhouette and zipper treatments at the ankle that give it a modern touch.
3. Edun: Moroccan-mod! Loved the entire collection, especially the unfinished artisanal finishing on this leather, colour-blocked shift dress.
4. Prabal Gurung: A charming mix of cozy tomboy and lady-lady touches in a bold happy hue. #orangecrush
5. DKNY: These two ho-hum pieces are taken off fashion-life support thanks to pops of turquoise and fluorescent tomato red.
Lisa Guimond, fashion features editor
1. Victoria Beckham: Beckham’s collection gave off a romantic but powerful vibe, which means this is my top pick for power dressing.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg: Hats off to the DVF woman who got a little edgier this season. And, what’s not to love aboutan expertly tailored pant-suit that has enough presence to command a room.
3. Edun: Piet Mondrian-inspired patchwork is back…again? Say it ain’t so.
4.Prabal Gurung: Jumping on the orange bandwagon just got a little easier with this bright take on monochromatic.
5. DKNY: This is risky business at its best: the colour-combo is both jarring and endearing. The one thing this outfit isn’t is dull.
Liz Guber, workflow editor
1. Victoria Beckham: I love the balance of strength and femininity of the rounded shoulder on this coat.
2. Diane Von Furstenburg: This puts the “pow” in power suit.
3. Edun: When I start thinking about fall “investment” pieces in a few months, I’m certain I’ll remember this shift dress. It has a freshness and excitement that will renew with each year of ownership.
4. Prabal Gurung: Now this is how you own orange. Take that, Marsala!
5. DKNY: I like the daring colour combo, but the accessories are a letdown for me.