Fashion verdict: NYFW Fall 2015 day 3
Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief
1. Alexander Wang: Edgy and commercial. That can be a tricky combo, but Wang pulled this off brilliantly with this rock-punk-themed collection. To quote KISS, Gimme More!
2. Tibi: It’s reportedly a -40 wind chill today. This is the only outfit that would entice me to go outside. Minimalist, cozy and warm: a fashion hat trick.
3. Monique Lhuillier: Kate Moss was her muse, but I¹d also say that there was a little channeling of Erdem and Elie Saab.
4. Jill Stuart: Serviceable ’70s redux. Yawn.
5. Lacoste: Sporty, bright and effortless. I love the lightness and sense of wit that Felipe Oliveira Baptista always brings to his designs.
Charlotte Herrold, associate fashion editor
1. Alexander Wang: I can’t get enough of Alexander Wang’s take on the bomber jacket in black and gold. Meet your new day-to-night wardrobe staple: Is there anywhere you wouldn’t wear this?
2. Tibi: This textured grey on grey on grey is my fashion dream come true. I want to live in this look next fall.
3. Monique Lhuilier: With its rich jewel tones and floral jacquards, this collection spoke to my inner romantic.
4. Jill Stuart: Two words: those boots! Stuart’s 1960s/1970s mash-up is the perfect balance of stylish and sexy.
5. Lacoste: Felipe Baptista was a just little too literal with his Tenenbaums inspiration in this collection.
Liz Guber, workflow editor
1. Alexander Wang presents a girl who is so cool it’s a little frightening and a slick jacket that is sure to become an overnight street style hit.
2. Tibi: I’ll resist making a Fifty Shades of Grey reference here, and instead applaud the return of the single earring, especially when paired with a decidedly casual look.
3. Monique Lhuilier: There’s a clever style hack to take away from this look: Wear a sporty zip-up jacket to give your printed trench some edge.
4. Jill Stuart: The pattern play is pleasing, but my eyes yearn for some colour.
5. Lacoste: The shoes up the cool factor here, also: where are the wooden tennis racquet?