From left to right: Coach, Wes Gordon, Tome, Jason Wu, Tanya Taylor
The runways of Day 2 at New York Fashion Week Fall 2015 were awash with textures, colours and patterns. The results? Our editors weigh in.
Lisa Guimond, fashion features editor:
1. Jason Wu: Now that’s a fur vest. Fierce.
2. Tome: Can’t resist a ’70s-inspired look. Loving the patent in a flashy neon and the layered turtleneck.
3. Tanya Taylor: There’s something endearing about the way this look folds into itself, and I’ve always been a fan of beige on beige.
4. Wes Gordon: Paired with black boots this otherwise polished monochromatic looks gets just the edge it needs to turn heads.
5. Coach: This look is very American Gangster, but I’d only consider adopting this style if Charlie Hunnam were at my side.
Sarah Thompson, content producer:
1. Jason Wu: I’ll be wearing this amazing olive green look to work every day for Fall 2015 (with the fur vest on my commute, of course).
2. Wes Gordon: Can I have this silver shirt and metallic skirt in every colour of the rainbow please?
3. Coach: This totally cool head-to-toe black ensemble brings Tom Petty’s “American Girl” to mind. Take it easy, baby!
4. Tanya Taylor: This ultra detailed coat is one the A-listers will be wearing for Fall 2015. (Hey, Taylor Swift!)
5. Tome: This blue button-down shirt and plastic yellow skirt is too mismatched for my taste – a yellow topper would have enhanced the look.
Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief:
1. Coach: Stuart Vevers had me at “shearling-lined lace-up moto boots.” Bonus! Loved the skirt, the skulls and the fringe-lined sweater.
2. Tanya Taylor: Love the moto-car coat paired with a patent mini. It’s a stylish and coquettish combo.
3. Wes Gordon: Minimalist perfection, with a shiny twist. It’s the fashion equivalent of the mullet (in good way!): sporty up top, lady-lady on the bottom.
4. Jason Wu: This puts the chic in military. The long, sexy silhouette, paired with a power vest, is style catnip.
5. Tome: Seeing canary yellow on a cloudy winter day makes me happy. Love the stripes paired with patent. It’s fashion whimsy that’s all business.
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.