Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Fashion verdict: MFW Fall 2015 Day 5
From left to right: Salvatore Ferragamo, Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana, Massimo Rebecchi and Marni.
There was no shortage of buzz-worthy runway shows on Day 5 of Milan Fashion Week. Here, our editors weigh in on their favourite looks.
Ava Baccari, assistant editor
1. Dolce & Gabbana: Despite D&G’s maternal inspiration for Fall 2015, the looks are anything but matronly. Or at least, how the designers do matronly, with slim-fitting silhouettes and sexy furs. While this look isn’t my favourite of the show, it’s one of my favourite collections of the season.
2. Salvatore Ferragamo: Can we talk about the amount of fur-embellished footwear for fall? Ferragamo is right on point with these ultra luxe sandals.
3. Missoni: I’m trying to picture the right event to rock this mermaid-inspired suit that isn’t under the sea – though come to think of it, that sounds pretty fun.
4. Massimo Rebecchi: Another example of shearling done well this season—it’s this year’s cool girl equivalent of leather trim.
5. Marni: The matching python belt and sneakers add the perfect amount of edge to this very boho, very menswear look.
Sarah Thompson, content producer
1. Dolce & Gabbana: Believe it or not, this rose-print dress isn’t even my top look from Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2015 – I love all of the 91 ensembles that Domenico and Stefano paraded down the runway equally.
2. Massimo Rebecchi: The length of a classic trench coat and material of an iconic leather jacket collide in this contemporary biker chic look. #love
3. Salvatore Ferragamo: Forget the crop top – I predict Salvatore Ferragamo’s shortened knit cape will be all the rage for Fall 2015.
4. Marni: An extended peplum waist and ’70s-inspired bell-bottoms all in one look? That’s way too much flare, if you ask me.
5. Missoni: If this is Missoni’s most modern take on the polarizing blue tuxedo, I’m not sure it works for the women or the men.
Milan Fashion Week Fall 2015: Your insider’s guide
Best street style: Milan Fashion Week Fall 2015
Beauty looks you’ll want to wear from Milan Fashion Week
Fall 2015 fashion week Instagrams we can’t stop talking about