From left to right: Salvatore Ferragamo, Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana, Massimo Rebecchi and Marni.
There was no shortage of buzz-worthy runway shows on Day 5 of Milan Fashion Week. Here, our editors weigh in on their favourite looks.
Ava Baccari, assistant editor
1. Dolce & Gabbana: Despite D&G’s maternal inspiration for Fall 2015, the looks are anything but matronly. Or at least, how the designers do matronly, with slim-fitting silhouettes and sexy furs. While this look isn’t my favourite of the show, it’s one of my favourite collections of the season.
2. Salvatore Ferragamo: Can we talk about the amount of fur-embellished footwear for fall? Ferragamo is right on point with these ultra luxe sandals.
3. Missoni: I’m trying to picture the right event to rock this mermaid-inspired suit that isn’t under the sea – though come to think of it, that sounds pretty fun.
4. Massimo Rebecchi: Another example of shearling done well this season—it’s this year’s cool girl equivalent of leather trim.
5. Marni: The matching python belt and sneakers add the perfect amount of edge to this very boho, very menswear look.
Sarah Thompson, content producer
1. Dolce & Gabbana: Believe it or not, this rose-print dress isn’t even my top look from Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2015 – I love all of the 91 ensembles that Domenico and Stefano paraded down the runway equally.
2. Massimo Rebecchi: The length of a classic trench coat and material of an iconic leather jacket collide in this contemporary biker chic look. #love
3. Salvatore Ferragamo: Forget the crop top – I predict Salvatore Ferragamo’s shortened knit cape will be all the rage for Fall 2015.
4. Marni: An extended peplum waist and ’70s-inspired bell-bottoms all in one look? That’s way too much flare, if you ask me.
5. Missoni: If this is Missoni’s most modern take on the polarizing blue tuxedo, I’m not sure it works for the women or the men.
Milan Fashion Week Fall 2015: Your insider’s guide
Best street style: Milan Fashion Week Fall 2015
Beauty looks you’ll want to wear from Milan Fashion Week
Fall 2015 fashion week Instagrams we can’t stop talking about