Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Fashion verdict: MFW Fall 2015 Day 3
Left to right: Tod’s, Blumarine, Emporio Armani, Etro, Versace
On Day 3 of Milan Fashion Week Fall 2015, the ELLE Canada fashion team faces off to rank their favourite looks from the runways.
Ava Baccari, assistant fashion editor:
1. Emporio Armani: This collection is proof, for those who could never have imagined, that Giorgio Armani can totally entice the New York cool girl.
2. Etro: This is the kind of the modern patchwork that you can effortlessly live in in so many facets of life. I imagine the inspiration was a reformed hippie who hasn’t completely lost her edge.
3. Versace: I love how much I find this silhouette so odd and yet so striking. I can’t look away!
4. Tod’s: This fold-over collar is impossibly chic. The oxfords in a matching marsala hue adds a surprisingly bold touch.
5. Blumarine: This reminds me of the kind of jewel-embellished body suit of old school Britney days. Though I could see her rocking this in Vegas, of late…
Sarah Thompson, content producer:
1. Versace: The ’70s trend is still going strong at Versace – we’re talking groovy bell-bottoms, major belts and psychedelic prints.
2. Tod’s: The list of places you could wear this wine-coloured utilitarian dress to is endless: to the office, to a wedding, on the plane, to fashion week…
3. Blumarine: Rock it out to the tune of this multi-coloured, star-studded mini for Fall 2015. (All you need is a microphone and you’re ready to hit the stage.)
4. Etro: I’m not sure if it’s the earthy tones or the patchwork fabric, but something about this hodgepodge suit reminds me of my grandmother’s couch.
5. Emporio Armani: I thought we were over shabby chic, no?