Left to right: Tod’s, Blumarine, Emporio Armani, Etro, Versace
On Day 3 of Milan Fashion Week Fall 2015, the ELLE Canada fashion team faces off to rank their favourite looks from the runways.
Ava Baccari, assistant fashion editor:
1. Emporio Armani: This collection is proof, for those who could never have imagined, that Giorgio Armani can totally entice the New York cool girl.
2. Etro: This is the kind of the modern patchwork that you can effortlessly live in in so many facets of life. I imagine the inspiration was a reformed hippie who hasn’t completely lost her edge.
3. Versace: I love how much I find this silhouette so odd and yet so striking. I can’t look away!
4. Tod’s: This fold-over collar is impossibly chic. The oxfords in a matching marsala hue adds a surprisingly bold touch.
5. Blumarine: This reminds me of the kind of jewel-embellished body suit of old school Britney days. Though I could see her rocking this in Vegas, of late…
Sarah Thompson, content producer:
1. Versace: The ’70s trend is still going strong at Versace – we’re talking groovy bell-bottoms, major belts and psychedelic prints.
2. Tod’s: The list of places you could wear this wine-coloured utilitarian dress to is endless: to the office, to a wedding, on the plane, to fashion week…
3. Blumarine: Rock it out to the tune of this multi-coloured, star-studded mini for Fall 2015. (All you need is a microphone and you’re ready to hit the stage.)
4. Etro: I’m not sure if it’s the earthy tones or the patchwork fabric, but something about this hodgepodge suit reminds me of my grandmother’s couch.
5. Emporio Armani: I thought we were over shabby chic, no?