Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Fashion verdict: MFW Fall 2015 Day 2
Left to right: Costume National, Fendi, Max Mara, Moschino, Prada
Day 2 of Milan Fashion Week Fall 2015 saw a parade of colours, texture and prints come down the runway – it was fashion eye candy at its best. Our editors rank the top looks from “whoa, need it!” to “that’s not even wearable.”
Sarah Laing, associate features editor:
1. Costume National: Johnny Cash is smiling down from heaven over this look. And if it’s good enough for the man in black…bring on the fringe, please.
2. Fendi: This proves puffy jackets can be chic, welcome news to everyone trapped in the winter that will not go.
3. Moschino: Jeremy Scott had my heart at Looney Tunes.
4. Prada: Big fan of the silhouette, but I fear my palette is not yet sophisticated enough to appreciate green, red and pink together in high shine.
5. Max Mara: Gorgeous bag, but the rest of the outfit is leaning a little too subway flasher for me. But you do you.
Victoria DiPlacido, assistant beauty editor:
1. Max Mara: If I was forced to wear one outfit for the rest of my life, this would be a serious contender.
2. Costume National: I can see Kate Moss wearing this look from head to toe (the fringe! The menswear-inspired tailoring! The little black booties!), and that’s enough to make this my second favourite look of the day.
3. Fendi: The proportions here seem just right for fall: a long, slim skirt, paired with a wonderfully voluminous (and importantly, warm-looking) coat.
4. Moschino: Moschino is always fun fashion. Would I wear it? Probably not as a complete look, but as separates the pieces have tons of potential.
5. Prada: I preferred the two-piece suits (cropped straight-leg pants and blazers) Prada sent down the runway.