NYFW Fall 2014 5 Things: Prabal Gurung’s Fall 2014 collection (fur, Nepal and a streaker)
fashion week in New York unless something crazy happens. This is a fact that I am quickly learning. The insanity for today?
Prabal Gurung’s highly anticipated fall 2014 collection that was filled with luxurious fur-lined dresses, coats and sweaters, got a little bit side tracked thanks to one pesky streaker. Read on to learn more about Prabal Gurung’s show (aside from the news-making show-stealer):
1. Mid-way through the show a man sporting nothing but a coat, plastic crown and a sparkly thong jetted across the runway. The ever-the-professional models barely flinched before the
@PGStreaker (yes, he has his own Twitter account) was pulled off the runway.
2. Giant gold disks that looked like gongs dotted the runway as the backdrop to what was clearly an homage to Nepal. Perfectly suited for the heavy, trance-like drum music that you could feel thudding through your chest as the models walked.
3. Mongolian lamb, mink, suede, wool and cashmere mixed with prints and draping details made Gurung’s powerful women ready for frosty, wintery temps.
4. Cameras were clicking non-stop as soon as this white mink and grey fox
fur coat came down the runway.
5. Moments after the show ended, model Hanne Gaby Odiele came down the concrete stairs of the Post Office location near Penn Station with the editors, trilling and cooing like a bird as she posed for photographs wearing an over-sized silver jumpsuit.
What do you think of Prabal Gurung’s fur-filled homage to Nepal?
READ MORE: Backstage makeup at Rag & Bone with Gucci Westman Backstage hair at Rag & Bone with Paul Hanlon Spring 2014: All the shows, galleries and designers