Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
MFW Fall 2014 5 Things: Gucci’s ’70s vixens wear the boot of the season
Bette Franke, ’70s-style bombshell at Gucci. All photos courtesy of ImaxTree.com.
Rain. It started early in the morning and stayed, through morning espresso and makeup, then long past lunch. But on the first day of Milan Fashion Week, even three-inch puddles couldn’t dampen my spirits. The first big show of Day 1 is always Gucci—which means the whole shebang gets off to a very stylish start. At the Piazza Oberdan, crowds of umbrellas massed together—some chancy folks lifted theirs higher and higher in the air to edge to the front of the line. Street style snappers wore slickers. Anna Dello Russo wore the one-shouldered Spring 2014 Saint Laurent top printed with red lips. (Readers, she is VERY tan.) Inside, waiters circulated with champagne and tiny chocolates. Salma Hayek was there with her husband, Francois-Henri Pinault, the head of luxury conglomerate PPR. She looked cute in a leather biker cap, carrying a purple fringe purse. (Readers, she is TINY. And super smiley. Which surprised me. You?) Then the much anticipated show began. Read on for the top five things to know about Gucci Fall 2014.
1. According to designer Frida Giannini, your Fall 2014 eyewear will resemble that of a (super chic) ’70s librarian. Also, Bette Franke is a babe. Also: top and bottom lashes? #YEP. #intoit
2. Leopard print showed up sparingly, and looked particularly fresh in this ’60s-style coat. Doesn’t this look like something Elizabeth Hurley would wear during her Brit bombshell
Austin Powers days?
3. Pink was the collection’s most important colour. The colour palette was muted, soft, dreamy.
4. This is the boot of the Fall 2014 season so far. Adjust your shopping list accordingly.
5. Designer Frida Giannini was born cool. She’s also sweet. After what must have been a very long day, she came by Giambattista Valli’s store party to support him. Lovely!
OVER TO YOU! Would you rather wear Gucci’s Fall 2014 sunglasses OR boots?
READ MORE Best street style: London Fashion Week Fall 2014
LFW Fall 2014 street style: 10 super chic patterns
LFW Fall 2014 street style: 5 stylish ways to layer
LFW Fall 2014 street style: 5 ultra cool handbags
Best street style: New York Fashion Week Fall 2014 NYFW Fall 2014: Kendall Jenner at Marc Jacobs