Little Black Book: JUMA’s Jamil and Alia Juma share their stylish guide to Singapore
Jamil and Alia at Singapore Fashion Week, Pre-Spring 2013.
After a recent trip to Singapore to show their Pre-Spring 2013 collection at Singapore Fashion Week, Canadian design duo Jamil and Alia of
JUMA dish their top spots for clothes-hunting, dining and sight-seeing in this fashion-forward city.
JUMA hearts Singapore "We love going to Singapore for the diversity of cultures that co-exist including Malay, Chinese and Indian," the designers explain. "For us it’s an opportunity to learn how they integrate together while maintaining their individual identities. It was inspiring to see all the
vibrant colours and rich patterns inherent in South East Asian clothing. We look forward to putting some of those ideas into our upcoming collections." We can’t wait to see the inspirations come to life!
Jamil and Alia Juma’s top 5 things to do in Singapore
1. "Walking through Little India to explore fabrics and trinkets in the markets."
2. "Going to Dempsey Hill area for brunches on the weekend."
3. "Visit Flabslab, an art and design collective featuring local and international design."
4. "Enjoy the sunshine at the Orchard central rooftop gardens overlooking the city."
5. "Heading to Haji Lane for tea and hooka."
Click through for Jamil and Alia’s favourite spots to shop and dine in Singapore!
Favourite shopping destinations
1. "Takashimaya for shoes."
2. "Club 21 for clothing."
3. "Haji Lane for vintage."
4. "Ann Siang road for local designer finds."
5. "Singapore-based online retailer
gnossem.com for local and international designer clothing including JUMA."
Top dining spots
1. "Tiffin at the Raffles Hotel for rich Indian food."
2. "Thasevi Food Famous Jalan Kayu Prata for ‘Prata.’"
3. "Hatched for weekend brunch."
4. "Sabio for Spanish tapas."
5. "Saveur for contemporary Singaporean dishes."
OVER TO YOU! TELL US: What’s your top
fashion destination in the world? If you could travel anywhere, what would be your first stop? Been to Singapore? Tell us your favourite places!