Jamil and Alia at Singapore Fashion Week, Pre-Spring 2013.
After a recent trip to Singapore to show their Pre-Spring 2013 collection at Singapore Fashion Week, Canadian design duo Jamil and Alia of
JUMA dish their top spots for clothes-hunting, dining and sight-seeing in this fashion-forward city.
JUMA hearts Singapore "We love going to Singapore for the diversity of cultures that co-exist including Malay, Chinese and Indian," the designers explain. "For us it’s an opportunity to learn how they integrate together while maintaining their individual identities. It was inspiring to see all the
vibrant colours and rich patterns inherent in South East Asian clothing. We look forward to putting some of those ideas into our upcoming collections." We can’t wait to see the inspirations come to life!
Jamil and Alia Juma’s top 5 things to do in Singapore
1. "Walking through Little India to explore fabrics and trinkets in the markets."
2. "Going to Dempsey Hill area for brunches on the weekend."
3. "Visit Flabslab, an art and design collective featuring local and international design."
4. "Enjoy the sunshine at the Orchard central rooftop gardens overlooking the city."
5. "Heading to Haji Lane for tea and hooka."
Click through for Jamil and Alia’s favourite spots to shop and dine in Singapore!
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.