Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Canadian jewellery designer Shay Lowe debuts 50-piece collection on The Shopping Channel this weekend
Emerald earrings ($129.99), made with Swarovski Elements. Photo courtesy of Tara Noelle. There’s never a wrong time to start building up your jewellery wardrobe, but this weekend happens to be near-perfect timing if you’ve been searching for a sparkly statement piece this season:
Shay Lowe, Canada’s beloved jewellery designer of classic and on-trend statement accessories, is launching a 50-piece jewellery collection on The Shopping Channel this Sunday.
“It’s really focused on core classics like, fashion-forward modern pieces that you can have in your accessory wardrobe,” the designer shared with us earlier this week. “Your outfit is often the backdrop, the canvas, and
the accessories are where the fun comes in and you can amp up that little black dress that you’ve had for a number of years, and just freshen things up.” And with the pieces in the collection—from the teardrop pendants to emerald cocktail rings—all under $249.99, you can build up a solid base of sparkly baubles this season. To help nail down the essential pieces that all women should have on hand at all times, we asked Lowe to share her top 5 go-tos.
1. The statement maker. “You definitely want a holiday party type of statement piece: it could obviously be a necklace, but if you’re more into earrings or a ring—just something that’s really glam and cocktail. You need that piece in your accessory wardrobe that you can go to that’s just going to put your outfit over the top.”
2. Your everyday piece. “It can be a little bit more on the casual side, something that you can wear with a crisp white shirt and pencil skirt or over a turtleneck in the fall. Or a long
statement necklace. Something that you can take from day to night.”
GALLERY: 50 best Spring 2015 street style looks
3. Cocktail ring. "Depending on your outfit—more often than not I would suggest not wearing a statement necklace with a sequin dress—but if you have a great ring, its just a nice touch.”
4. Earrings. “Your ears should always be dressed, even if you do have other pieces on. And it could be just a simple crystal stud. So that’s definitely a staple, because if you don’t feel like wearing jewellery on that particular day, as long as your ears are dressed, and if you’ve got a little touch of something, it’s just that extra polish.”
5. "Definitely pearls. Every woman should have some sort of pearl item. They’re classic and you can wear them at any age.”
Shay Lowe’s 50-piece collection launches on Sunday October 26 on The Shopping Channel;
shop live on-air or pre-shop at
or afterward at
Malorie Urbanovitch Spring 2015: 5 things you need to know
Toronto Fashion Week Spring 2015: Christopher Bates brings his signature style on Day 3
Toronto Fashion Week Spring 2015: It’s a Mediterranean mood for Day 2
Joe Fresh Spring 2015: A fashion party and Solange Knowles. NBD.
Happy Toronto Fashion Week Spring 2015! Shop Canadian designers on sale at Gilt
Toronto Fashion Week Spring 2015: Your Ultimate Guide
TFW Spring 2015 street style: The most amazing accessories and detail shots
Best street style at Toronto Fashion Week Spring 2015
What the ELLE Canada editors are wearing to Fashion Week
Canadian fashion Youtubers you need to watch
Top Canadian fashion bloggers we love
10 street style stars you need to know
Our Toronto Fashion Week survival kit
Toronto fashion designers and bloggers best style advice: Spring 2015
Toronto Fashion Week designer inspiration: Spring 2015