Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
CAFA Awards 2014: All the nominees!
DSquared2’s amazing Dan and Dean Caten are nominated for two CAFA awards. Photo courtesy of Imaxtree.com.
We can’t wait for the first
Canadian Arts & Fashion Awards! (In the office today, all the talk revolved around what we’re going to wear, how we’re going to style our hair, then red lip vs burgundy lip, and on and on. Friday, friends. It’s been a good one.)
Our editors will be tweeting from the awards on Feb. 1, starting at 6:30, so stay tuned for all the beauty buzz and style scoop from the biggest fashion event of 2014 so far. In the meantime, check out all the amazing nominees below.
1. Outstanding Achievement Award Dean & Dan Caten, DSQUARED2 Denis Gagnon Lida Baday Marie Saint-Pierre David Dixon
2. Womenswear Designer of the Year Jeremy Laing Denis Gagnon Kirk Pickersgill & Stephen Wong, Greta Constantine Kimberly Newport-Mimran, Pink Tartan Christie Smythe & Andrea Lenczner, Smythe
Click through to see the full list of nominees…
3. Menswear Designer of the Year Phillip Sparks Travis Taddeo Shawn Hewson, Bustle Philippe Dubuc Davidson Manaloto, wings + horns
4. Emerging Talent Award Beaufille Laura Siegel Martin Lim Sarah Stevenson Sid Neigum Eliza Faulkner
5. Accessory Designer of the Year Jenny Bird Maryam Keyhani John Fluevog Ela & Martin Aldorsson, Ela Handbags Dexter & Byron Peart, WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie
6. Canadian Style Award Coco Rocha Joe Mimran Lisa Tant
7. International Canadian Designer of the Year Dean & Dan Caten, DSQUARED2 Erdem Moralioglu Jeremy Laing Jason Wu Mark Fast
8. Model of the Year Coco Rocha Daria Werbowy Yasmin Warsame
9. Stylist of the Year Cary Tauben Peter Papapetrou Susie Sheffman Liz Cabral George Antonopoulos Over to you: Which award are you most excited about?
Style advice from Canada’s most fashionable people (including CAFA jurors!) We love Canadian fashion designers! (And you should too) How hard is it (really) to be a Canadian fashion designer?