Top 10 quotes from the Golden Globes 2014
1. Most insightful comment on what it’s like to be a woman in Hollywood came from Tina Fey when she was talking about Matthew McConaughey’s performance. "For his role in Dallas [Buyers Club], he lost 45 pounds — or what actresses call being in a movie."
2. Second most insightful comment on what it’s like to be a woman in Hollywood—or most places, actually. Again, the award goes to Tina Fey for her Clooney quip. (Definitely most tweeted quote of the night.) "It’s the story of how George Clooney would rather float away in space and die than spend any more time with a woman his own age."
3. Most unexpected fashion insight came from Michael Douglas when he explained to Matt Damon why he was walking home with the award for his performance as Liberace in the movie Behind the Candelabra. "The only reason you’re not here is I had more sequins.”
4. Most honest yet stylish admission in acceptance speech goes to Cate Blanchett while she was accepting her best actress award for Blue Jasmine. "Thank you for plying me with vodka the way Judy Garland was probably plied with barbiturates."
5. Shortest acceptance speech with the biggest punch goes to Aaron Paul when his fellow Breaking Bad cast were accepting their award for best TV drama. "Yeah b-tch. Thank you.”
Who won for the most kooky quip of the night?
Most kooky ramblings goes to Jacqueline Bisset, who was behaving like the title of her film: Dancing on the Edge. "The people who’ve given me shit, I say — like my mother — what did she say? She used to say, ‘Go to hell and don’t come back.’ However, however, however, my mother was not entirely me."
7. Most amusing dressing down came from Amy Poehler to Matt Damon in her opening monologue. "Matt, on any other night, in any other room, you’d be a big deal, but tonight — and don’t take this the wrong way — you’re basically a garbage person." 8.
Most charming comeback line goes to Matt when he took to the stage to give out an award. "It’s me, the garbage man. The garbage man who didn’t bring his glasses. Fantastic."
9. Most insightful comment on male grooming goes to man-bun poster boy, Jaret Leto, for the body-waxing treatments he underwent for Dallas Buyers Club. "I’m just fortunate that it wasn’t a period piece so I didn’t have to do full Brazilian." – Jared Leto,
And the closing quote goes to Sean “Diddy” Combs…"Everybody just keep drinking, OK? It’ll be over soon."
Best tweet of the night
Golden Globes recap: The highs and the lows…
The best and worst dressed at the Golden Globes 2014
Best beauty at the Golden Globes 2014