1. Most insightful comment on what it’s like to be a woman in Hollywood came from Tina Fey when she was talking about Matthew McConaughey’s performance. "For his role in Dallas [Buyers Club], he lost 45 pounds — or what actresses call being in a movie."
2. Second most insightful comment on what it’s like to be a woman in Hollywood—or most places, actually. Again, the award goes to Tina Fey for her Clooney quip. (Definitely most tweeted quote of the night.) "It’s the story of how George Clooney would rather float away in space and die than spend any more time with a woman his own age."
3. Most unexpected fashion insight came from Michael Douglas when he explained to Matt Damon why he was walking home with the award for his performance as Liberace in the movie Behind the Candelabra. "The only reason you’re not here is I had more sequins.”
4. Most honest yet stylish admission in acceptance speech goes to Cate Blanchett while she was accepting her best actress award for Blue Jasmine. "Thank you for plying me with vodka the way Judy Garland was probably plied with barbiturates."
5. Shortest acceptance speech with the biggest punch goes to Aaron Paul when his fellow Breaking Bad cast were accepting their award for best TV drama. "Yeah b-tch. Thank you.”
Who won for the most kooky quip of the night?
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.