So, you were all excited for the Beyonce concert/Superbowl last night, and had impressed all your friends with conversational tidbits about how great the Seth Rogen / Amy Schumer ad was going to be, how you’d heard the Doritos spot was a bit controversial…only to suddenly find yourself looking a bit silly because those ads you’d talked up were nowhere to be seen (but yay for Tim Hortons and Canadian Tire I guess?)
You learnt the lesson we all know: In Canada, we don’t get the ads the U.S. gets during the Superbowl, which is a bit annoying, especially when you’re on Twitter and everyone is going crazy about something you can’t see.
Fear not! We’ve rounded up the best ads we Canucks didn’t get to see, because it’s not too late to ¯_(ツ)_/¯ about that Willem Defoe-as-Marilyn-Monroe Snickers commercial.
1. The “flaming hot” (as in Twitter burned up over this one) Doritos “Ultrasound” ad:
2. The “Amy Schumer for president” Bud Light ad:
3. Steve Tyler’s singing portrait…made out of Skittles. (But can it sing the rainbow?)
4. Speaking of singing…this adorable baby choir feat. Seal.
5. Also Helen Mirren being so fantastic.