Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Hotel review: The Surrey, NYC
There’s something quite special about
The Surrey in
New York. From the minute you walk through the doors to when you set you suitcase down in you spacious room, The Surrey embodies the Upper East Side with posh accents, fine details and some pretty amazing views. Did we mention that chef Daniel Boulud also has his own restaurant here? Could it get any better, seriously? It can and here are a few reasons why.
1. Fancy being greeted by
Kate Moss? Who wouldn’t? While the supe isn’t there in person, a giant stunning image of her is at the end of the hallway next to the elevators so you get a glimpse of Miss Moss each time you come and go.
2. The views at the rooftop bar and lounge overlooking Central Park and the east side are nothing to sneeze at. They’re some of the best in the city and when you have a glass of chilled champagne in hand it’s even better.
3. The rooms are amazing in this 1926 building. Enough said, right? But some details: Free Wi-Fi, large closets to store all your
NYC shopping finds, a selection of pillows (you can choose your fave for your best sleep), toiletries by Mitchell and Peach and just try and resist the minibar by Dean and Deluca.
4. The spa. If you get the chance to squeeze in a treatment or two (your weary shopping frets do deserve it) at the
Cornelia spa you must. The top picks? The Reparative Caviar and Oxygen Quench facial that will plump and smooth skin thanks to a hefty dose of seaweed and sea mud and an oxygen masque.
5. Café Boulud by chef Daniel Boulud is one if the most coveted spots for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Book yourself a table at the Micheline star hot spot and prepare for a French feast that will likely have you talking about it for months afterwards.
6. You’re close to pretty much everything. From high-end shopping to the park to cute cafés (try
Sant Ambroeus at 1000 Madison Ave.). And close to the subway line if you want to pop down to Midtown, SoHo and the Lower East Village. And a fun way to get around the city in the warmer months? Hop on one of the two Bobbin Bikes custom designed for The Surrey and spin around the neighbourhood in style.
7. You can bring along Choupette the cat if you’d like. The Surrey is not only a pet-friendly hotel, but you can also arrange for a special treat for your furry friend thanks to the curated biscuit menu and box of treats from Bocce’s Bakery. And pooches get a cozy Surrey monogrammed dog bed. I think Karl would approve.
What’s your favourite hotel?
The Surrey, 20 E 76th St, New York, NY.
READ MORE: NYC: The top places to eat, drink and go out NYC: Hot places to shop
Another hot NYC hotel: Hotel Belleclaire