Yield: 2 servings
Preparation: 10 minutes
Stand time: overnight
• 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
• 1 apple, peeled and grated
• 1½ cups (375 mL) Liberté Kefir plain
• 1 tbsp (15 to 20 mL) (or more to taste) maple syrup or honey
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cardamom OR 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) cinnamon OR orange zest, to taste
• a good pinch of salt
• one or more of the following additions if desired
Additions (to taste)
Berries, chopped dried fruit, hazelnuts, almonds
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) Liberté plain yogurt
• Fresh fruit (berries, peaches, etc.), nuts, seeds, coconut shavings, cranberry molasses
1. In a container, mix all the ingredients together. Incorporate additions if desired.
2. Store in the refrigerator overnight.
3. When ready to serve, add yogurt if desired and stir well. Add chosen toppings and serve.
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.