A delicious French-inspired apple tart recipe from Toronto’s chicest lunch spot
Mon dieux, c'est magnifique!
The team at café and bakery Maman Toronto are known for their aesthetically pleasing and delicious blending of Michelin-level cooking with home-style recipes from the South of France, so naturellement we asked them for the ultimate effortlessly chic dessert to serve this holiday season.
Maman’s Apple tart
1 roll of sweet short pastry
1 tsp water
1. Roll out the dough in round shape 3mm thick and place inside a mould previously brushed with butter or covered by a parchment paper.
2. Peel two apples and cut out the middle. Cut ithem into small dices. Melt butter in a pan on a slow heat. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and a tsp of water. Let it sweat on a slow heat. Mix it. When this compote is ready, remove it and cool it down.
3. Put the compote into the dough in the mould.
4. Cut three apples in half circles and put them nicely on top of the compote.
5. Sprinkle on top some sugar.
6. Place in oven for 30 minutes at 400°F.
7. Add some apple glaze, a sugar glaze on the top when it’s baked.
8. Serve with a spoon of vanilla ice cream.