5 things we know about the Sherlock movie (!) so far
Grab your popcorn, Cumberbitches.
by : Sarah Laing- Oct 26th, 2015
Hold onto your deerstalkers: There’s going to be a Sherlock movie! And no, it’s not one of those pretenders (looking at you, Game of Shadows), but a real, bona fide big screen moment from arguably the greatest incarnation of the greatest detective to hit the small screen. So the Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch in it, if that’s not obvious, dear Watsons.
Here’s what we know so far:
1) It’s a full length film (so not that different from the TV episodes, which are pretty long, not that we’re complaining) called The Abominable Bride.
2) It hits theatres in the UK and US on January 5, which is five days after it premieres on TV (hi PBS) on Jan 1. The BIG difference (other than seeing Ben’s beautiful cheekbones in theatres) is that the cinema version has 20 minutes of extra content.
3) It’s somehow set in the Victorian times. We’ll go with it, if only to see Martin Freeman rock an epic handlebar ‘stache.
4) It’s already birthed one quotable quote. When Watson asks Holmes “what made you this way?”, Sherlock replies: “Nothing made me. I made me.” Mic drop.
5) The trailer is out now! Lots of lovely spooky, foggy Victorian action awaits you.
Join our mailing list for the latest and biggest in fashion trends, beauty, culture and celebrity.