Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
6 best moments from the People’s Choice Awards
BRITNEY. All photos courtesy of Getty Images.
Awards season officially kicked off last night with the 2014 People’s Choice Awards, a breezy, laid-back event at which the stars (Jessica Alba, Sandra Bullock, Britney Spears) appeared to be having a blast. These are my top six moments from a fantastic show.
1. Britney Spears shows up, looks great. Britney Spears inspires a kind of parental concern in me—I watch her at awards shows hopefully, warily, looking—maybe too hard—for encouraging signs that she’ll be able to rise again to be the world’s most exciting pop princess. After last night, I’m feeling better about Britney.
Click through to read more…
First, she looked great. Her boyfriend, David Lucado, also looked great. She was poised and seemingly serene in the front row, even while her megastar ex Justin Timberlake kept returning to the stage to claim his awards. The best part? She beat out Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Bruno Mars and Timberlake to win People’s Choice Award for Favorite Pop Artist—her first-ever People’s Choice Award. "It’s because of all of you that I’m able to do what I love to do," an emotional Britney told the crowd. 2014: the year of Britney? Fingers crossed.
Heidi Klum and Ellen DeGeneres.
2. Heidi Klum + Ellen DeGeneres = best duck faces of the night No one had more fun last night than Heidi Klum, who was everywhere, taking selfies with fans, posing hard on the red carpet, and here, showing off her best Blue Steel with the amazing Ellen DeGeneres.
Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder.
3. Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder, the best exes in the world?
The Vampire Diaries co-stars won the Best Chemistry award last night, and showed the world that they’re on great terms despite breaking up—in real life—last year. "It’s a good thing it’s not awkward," Dobrev joked. Turns out the pair even got ready for the awards show together.
4. Jennifer Hudson wows.
Of course, she looked incredible—that short hair, that elegant Kaufman Franco dress. But it was Jennifer Hudson’s emotional speech after winning the Favorite Humanitarian Award (with her sister, Julia) that made her appearance last night so memorable.
The Hudson sisters’ foundation helps victims of violence—Julia’s son, Julian D. King, as well as the sisters’ mother and brother were murdered in 2008. "It feels good to see positivity acknowledged," Hudson said. "Where we come from all you hear about is who shot who and who went to jail. There is more to life than the block you live on. We want to show them that I came from the same area and if I can do it, you can do it too.”
Jessica Alba and Justin Timberlake.
5. Justin Timberlake cleans up. Justin Timberlake won three People’s Choice Awards last night—Favorite Album for
The 20/20 Experience, Favorite Male Artist and Favorite R&B artist—thanked his wife, Jessica Biel, (
FINALLY), and ended the night at Taco Bell. Amazing? Amazing.
Sandra Bullock, Zac Efron and Melissa McCarthy.
6. Sandra Bullock, Zac Efron, Melissa McCarthy—the most fun trio of the night? Sandra Bullock had a huge night last night: she won Favorite Actress in both the comedic and dramatic categories, while she and George Clooney scooped Favorite Movie Duo for their hit
Gravity, which also won Favorite Dramatic Movie. Here, she celebrates with Zac Efron and her
The Heat co-star Melissa McCarthy. Wouldn’t you like to grab a drink with these three?
2014 awards season: Celeb red carpet style picks Best red carpet worthy jewels
20 best celeb hairstyles