Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Spring beauty trends: Hot lips, eyes and sun-kissed skin
For a natural, sun-kissed glow, skip the shimmery bronzing powder.
Expert: Greg Wencel, makeup pro for CoverGirl
• Use a concealer to spot-correct redness and imperfections like dark circles.
• With a large, fluffy brush, apply a cream or liquid foundation (not a bronzer) half a level darker than your everyday shade to places where the sun naturally hits—trace a capital E by lightly swirling the brush back and forth from the forehead to the temples and across the cheeks.
• Rub a rosy cream blush into the apples of the cheeks for a subtle flush, and then pat a pearly highlighter along the cheekbones and in the inner corners of the eyes for a glistening effect.
Lilac eyeshadow takes the smoky eye from dramatic to delicate.
Expert: Simone Otis, head makeup artist for Joe Fresh Beauty
• Dust a shimmery lilac shadow over the eyelids, extending the colour out and up slightly beyond the inner and outer corners of the eye, and blend well with a large eyeshadow brush.
• With a small eyeshadow brush, smudge the same hue along the lower lash line. Then, draw a thin line of purple liquid liner along the upper lash line and apply two coats of black volumizing mascara.
• Sweep a touch of tawny blush along the cheekbones, and dab a sheer, slightly rosy gloss on the lips.
The red lip goes 3-D with layered colour and rich pigment.
Expert: Caitlin Callahan, senior makeup artist for M.A.C
• Rub a small amount of exfoliator over your lips to smooth the surface and then prep them with a dab of primer or balm.
• Trace your mouth with a matte cherry pencil. Starting from the centre of your upper lip, draw a line down each side separately before connecting them to create a symmetrical outline, and then fill in the rest.
• Apply a matte red lipstick with a brush. Mix a fuchsia powder and a creamy crimson lipgloss together, and use your fingertip to press the colour into the centre of your lips. For a high-shine finish, pat a clear gloss on top.
Test the latest celebrity hair and makeup trends with our Virtual Makeover Tool!