For a natural, sun-kissed glow, skip the shimmery bronzing powder.
Expert: Greg Wencel, makeup pro for CoverGirl
• Use a concealer to spot-correct redness and imperfections like dark circles.
• With a large, fluffy brush, apply a cream or liquid foundation (not a bronzer) half a level darker than your everyday shade to places where the sun naturally hits—trace a capital E by lightly swirling the brush back and forth from the forehead to the temples and across the cheeks.
• Rub a rosy cream blush into the apples of the cheeks for a subtle flush, and then pat a pearly highlighter along the cheekbones and in the inner corners of the eyes for a glistening effect.
Lilac eyeshadow takes the smoky eye from dramatic to delicate.
Expert: Simone Otis, head makeup artist for Joe Fresh Beauty
• Dust a shimmery lilac shadow over the eyelids, extending the colour out and up slightly beyond the inner and outer corners of the eye, and blend well with a large eyeshadow brush.
• With a small eyeshadow brush, smudge the same hue along the lower lash line. Then, draw a thin line of purple liquid liner along the upper lash line and apply two coats of black volumizing mascara.
• Sweep a touch of tawny blush along the cheekbones, and dab a sheer, slightly rosy gloss on the lips.
The red lip goes 3-D with layered colour and rich pigment.
Expert: Caitlin Callahan, senior makeup artist for M.A.C
• Rub a small amount of exfoliator over your lips to smooth the surface and then prep them with a dab of primer or balm.
• Trace your mouth with a matte cherry pencil. Starting from the centre of your upper lip, draw a line down each side separately before connecting them to create a symmetrical outline, and then fill in the rest.
• Apply a matte red lipstick with a brush. Mix a fuchsia powder and a creamy crimson lipgloss together, and use your fingertip to press the colour into the centre of your lips. For a high-shine finish, pat a clear gloss on top.
Test the latest celebrity hair and makeup trends with our Virtual Makeover Tool!