Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Pin-up girl The ever-stylish bob goes faux for fall with subtle volume.
Expert: Brennen deMelo, hairstylist for L’Oréal Professionnel
• Apply a styling primer while your hair is wet. Blow-dry your hair and then, working in small sections, lightly backcomb it from mid-shaft down to the ends for volume.
• Pull your hair back into a loose ponytail, securing the elastic near the end.
• Flip your hair under and anchor it with bobby pins just above the nape of the neck. Pull out any shorter pieces of hair to frame your face.
• Finish with a light spritz of strong-hold hairspray.
Natural resources This fall, earth angels go glam with a sophisticated twist.
Expert: Jacquie Hutchinson, makeup artist and national product trainer for Revlon Canada • Prep the skin with primer and then apply a cream-based foundation with your fingertips. Follow with a dusting of translucent loose powder.
• Select an eyeshadow shade slightly darker than your natural eyelid colour and sweep it from the lash line to just above the crease.
• Use a brown eye pencil to line the roots of the upper lash line, and finish with a coat of brown mascara.
• Apply a peachy-brown lipstick with a lip brush, or, for a stained look, dab it on with your fingertip. For a matte effect, place a tissue on your lips and pat gently.
True romance The classic, ladylike updo gets a punk-rock twist.
Expert: Tim Rogers, hairstylist and spokesperson for Charles Worthington London
• While your hair is still damp, apply a curl-enhancing spray and then, working from front to back, create four loose braids.
• Air-dry your hair, or blow-dry it using a diffuser. Remove the braids, separating them with your fingers, and backcomb from the roots to add volume.
• Lift and roll back the front section of your hair, anchoring it with bobby pins. Twist and pin the remaining sections, and apply hairspray for hold. – Michelle Villett