Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Little Black Book: Elizabeth Arden’s Rebecca Restrepo’s guide to NYC
Who doesn’t love a getaway in NYC? All that shopping, loads of places to eat and drink, but I also love snagging some amazing beauty finds while there. When Rebecca Restrepo, a New York native and
Elizabeth Arden’s global makeup artist made a stop in Toronto recently, I quizzed her about New York’s best beauty haunts. With her
flawless skin and perfectly coiffed hair, I knew that I’d be getting an insider’s guide to all things beauty in NYC. Here are Rebecca’s top picks for beauty in New York.
3 reasons Rebecca loves NYC
1) I love the accessibility of beauty products from everywhere in the world.
2) I also love the pulse/energy that is felt at all times in the city. I believe it is that pulse that gives everyone in NYC so much drive. There is always something fun and interesting to do.
3) I find the architecture in NYC to be so beautiful. From midtown sky scrapers, Grand Central, all the amazing brown stones and the new High Line just to name a few.
Rebecca’s top 5 spots for beauty in NYC "These stores have every brand you can imagine from anywhere in the world. Plus they have great associates that are helpful and knowledgeable about the products they sell."
1) Bergdorf Goodman
4) Space NK
Read more to find out Rebecca’s places for fast beauty fixes!
Have a little down time in NYC? Rebecca lists her must-stops for quick beauty fixes:
1) SPA: "The Red Door Spa is my favourite because of its heritage and luxury. The spa has all the latest beauty treatments as well as being located in one of the most beautiful and chicest places in NYC on Fifth Avenue."
2) BLOW-DRY: "The best blow dry is also at the Red Door Spa. It’s a full-service pampering luxury spa."
3) BEAUTY DEALS: "The best spot for
beauty deals would have to be at the department stores. They can give you samples of products and also have specials where they have a gift bag with purchase. Another great benefit is that most department stores will take back a product if you have a problem with it."
OVER TO YOU! TELL US: What are your top spots in NYC? What is your must-have beauty product?