The Instant Pot—a Canadian invention—does what you do but so much more, including sauté, steam and make yogourt. Here are five reasons you need one as badly as a pair of Gucci Princetowns:
1. You can quickly make those fall-off-the-bone ribs that typically take an entire day of Crock-Pot babysitting.
2. The Instant Pot keeps all fragrance contained so your house won’t smell like bone broth for 24 hours.
3. Sunday-food-prep hatred is minimized—you can make quinoa in ONE minute.
4. You can make yogourt in it. We know…it does sound weird.
5. The stainless-steel pot is easier to clean than your face. Soak with soap and hot water; scrub 20 minutes later (if necessary).
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 issue of ELLE Canada.
For the latest in fashion, beauty and culture, sign up to receive ELLE's daily newsletter.