Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
How to train like an athlete: Yvette Yong, Taekwondo
1. What’s your fitness moto?
Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning. Go get it.
2. How do you motivate yourself when you’re feeling sluggish?
I think about everyone who has supported me to reach my goals including CIBC Team Next supporting me to reach my goal to represent Canada in the Pan Am Games in Toronto! And my parent’s who’ve sacrificed a lot, and that’s what makes me get up and go!
3. Workout song that revs you up:
Outlines –Mike Mago & Dragonette
4. Song that helps you chill:
Return of the Mack –Mark Morrison
5. Technique you use for relaxing:
Taking deep breaths and relaxing each muscle one by one from head to toe
6. Best training advice you’ve ever been given:
“An athlete’s worst fear is only within him/herself. Don’t let that fear overcome your confidence.” –from my sister Yvonne
7. What you eat first thing in the morning:
Cup of fresh coffee before anything!
8. What you eat before a workout:
Lots of water and a protein shake with a banana
9. What you eat after a workout:
I’ll grab a fresh grilled fish Taco from Asada Mexican Grill. Super fresh and always great after a long workout.
10. What do you use to wash your face or body with post-workout?
Clean and Clear foaming facial wash.
11. How many glasses of water do you drink a day?
About 15 glasses.
12. How do you style your hair during a workout?
It’s usually tied up in a bun with a bandana around.
13. Favourite thing to do during your downtime?
I love to cook, bake, come up with new recipes and feed my friends!
14. Biggest food indulgence?
Tres Leche Cake
Yvette Yong is part of the CIBC Team Next, a program created by CIBC, lead partner at the Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.