How to train like an athlete: Patricia Bezzoubenko, Rhythmic Gymnastics
In our exclusive Pan American athlete series, Rhythmic Gymnast Patricia Bezzoubenko talks to ELLE Canada about the pre-workout fuel (hint: it’s liquid), the smartest hairstyle for training and gourmet eats.
1. How to motivate yourself when you’re feeling sluggish?
I just try to remember my main goal.
2. Workout song that revs you up:
“Drop That” Jacob Plant.
3. Song that helps you chill:
“Earned it” by The Weeknd. I love him
4. Technique you use for relaxing:
Walk around at the backyard before sleep
5. Best training advice you’ve ever been given:
Believe in yourself
6. What you eat first thing in the morning:
I drink water
7. What you eat before a workout:
I don’t eat before.
8. What you eat after a workout:
Always a protein of some sort.
9. What you wash your face or body with post-workout?
I think Collistar face wash is the best.
10. How many glasses of water do you drink a day?
12. How do you style your hair during a workout?
We need a super comfortable hairstyle. A bun is a good choice for our training.
13. Favourite thing to do on during your downtime?
Go to the cinema to watch a new movie
14. Biggest food indulgence?
I only eat healthy food; sometimes I’ll do gourmet. It’s delicious!
Patricia Bezzoubenko is part of the CIBC Team Next, a program created by CIBC, lead partner at the Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.