Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
How to train like an athlete: Christine Roper, Rowing
1. What’s your fitness moto?
Champions are made when no one is watching!
2. How to motivate yourself when you’re feeling sluggish?
I usually try to think about my teammates. They work just as hard as I do everyday and I don’t want to let them down.
3. Workout song that revs you up:
“Bangarang” by Skrillex
4. Song that helps you chill:
Any Ed Sheeran song
5. Technique you use for relaxing:
I usually try to concentrate on my breathing. Slow deep breaths help.
6. Best training advice you’ve ever been given:
That it’s okay to be a little selfish sometimes. There is nothing wrong with taking the time you need when you need it.
7. What you eat first thing in the morning:
A bowl of oatmeal with honey and bananas
8. What you eat before a workout:
We train in the morning so its usually that oatmeal bowl.
9. What you eat after a workout:
An omelette with potatoes and toast!
10. What you wash your face or body with post-workout?
I really love using St. Ives Apricot scrub. We train outside and it is great for removing sunscreen and sweat.
11. How many glasses of water do you drink a day?
I drink about three litres during practice and then about 6 glasses of water outside of that.
12. How do you style your hair during a workout?
Ever since I cut my hair I love just putting it up into a high ponytail.
13. Favourite thing to do on during your downtime?
Like any girl I love shopping and spending time with friends.
14. Biggest food indulgence?
Anything with cheese!
Christine Roper is part of the CIBC Team Next, a program created by CIBC, lead partner at the Pan Am/Parapan Am Games.