Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
ELLE body: How to get sexy shoulders
fitness trainer Ramona Braganza the woman responsible for some of Hollywood’s most enviable bodies, including Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, and Canadian cutie Ryan Reynolds, has developed her own 3-2-1 Training Method. Her method consists of 3 Cardio segments, 2 Circuit strength-training segments and 1 Core segment to create long and lean muscles.
This month the fitness guru showed us how to strengthen and tone our shoulders, here we come shoulder-baring citrus-printed Stella McCartney!
- Stand tall with dumbbells in your hands and palms facing forward. Raise your arms to the sides and draw a half-circle until the dumbbells touch above your head, and then lower them down.
- Raise your arms to the sides, stopping when they are parallel to the floor. Bring your arms forward until the dumbbells touch, and then lower them down.
- Hinge forward slightly at the waist with your arms down in front of your body, palms facing each other and knees slightly bent.
- Lift your arms to the sides and slightly back, squeezing between the shoulder blades when your arms are parallel to the floor.
- Repeat each move 10 times for one set. Aim for three sets.
These 3 moves combine pulling and pushing motions to work your muscles in opposition. This creates symmetry and protects your joints while working out. Between each set you should rest for approximately 45 seconds. Your goal? Try to repeat the combination 3 times through.
Assisted Pullup machine:
Using the weight stack as a counter balance to your body weight.
Form is the key to a pullup: keep your back straight, your abs tight and bring your shoulder blades together as you perform the pull up. Slowly lower yourself all the way down for an added stretch with each pullup.
The Load: Adjust the stack to half your weight.
The Goal: 15 reps.
Seated shoulder Press:
Sit tall against the pad holding onto the handles. As you exhale, pull your belly button in to support your back and push the machine handles upwards. Hold this position briefly before slowly lowering arms down.
The Load: begin with light weights and add with each set for optimal results.
Goal: 15 reps.
Reverse Fly Machine:
Sit facing the pad and adjust the seat so that the handles are shoulder level. Keep your back straight and as you exhale, pull your arms apart until your shoulders are parallel with your body, hold briefly then slowly let arms return back to start.
The Load: 2-5 lbs.
Goal: 15 reps.