1. GO ORGANIC: Toxins like pesticides and chemicals in processed foods cause damage to your DNA, which which leads to cancer, fertility problems and other health problems.
2. EAT IN THREE PHASES:
– Detox first with a completely vegan diet to replenish cell
– Balance your adrenal system with an organic diet
– Eat higher lean proteins to add muscle and regulate your sleep cycles
3. BAIT & SWITCH: Skip your afternoon coffee and sip on ice cold water and lemon. Aim to intake one litre.
4. NICE PACKAGE: Remove all processed, pre-packaged snacks and pack your organic snacks. Try an apple and handful of nuts; carrot and 1/4 cup hummus; 2 hardboiled eggs or celery and almond butter.
READ MORE: 7 post workout beauty products you haven’t tried
5. PASS (ON) THE COURVOISIER: Cut your alcohol down to two drinks per week. Swap for decaf green or fruit tea. “Many times we drink to self soothe or to satisfy an oral fixation,” says Warner. “Teas work well for that.”
6. CELLULAR RENEWAL: Replenish your cells with the following foods: peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, pine nuts, pecans, raspberries, oranges, strawberries and seeds. “Combat depression and heal your outer cell wall with whole oats, lentils, spinach, avocado, cauliflower, olive oil and squash. Finally, prevent disease with carrots, sweet potatoes, melons, asparagus, butternut squash and dark leafy greens keep disease at bay while healing damaged DNA.
7. GET WATERLOGGED: If you drink less than two litres per day, you’re stressing out your bod—and your skin.
8. SKIP SUGAR: “Even if you can cut down on the amount you eat daily–it’s aging your skin,” says Warner. And we don’t need Warner to remind you that smoking is obviously stricken, right?
READ MORE: How to train like a fitness model
9. QUEEN B: “B cells (a type of white blood cells) regulate metabolism,” says Warner. Five foods that fortify the b cell include onions, artichoke, brown rice, whole grain bread and nutty bread.
10. IMMUNE BOOSTERS: Skip all trans fats and reset your immune system with beta carotone (melons, carrots, sweet potatoes), lycopene (tomatoes, guava, grapefruit) and lutein (kale, brussel sprouts and tangerines).
Mouth-watering food Instagram accounts you need to follow
The post workout beauty products you haven’t tried
How to train like a fitness model