Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
Get that vacation glow!
Some women believe that taking bronzer on vacation is like taking sand to the beach. Well, whether you’re on a tropical island or bopping around your hometown in the summer heat, you should
always fake your tan! Remember, there is no beauty in skin cancer, so please keep yourself protected with a high SPF sunscreen and take advantage of the natural, healthy results that self-tanners and bronzers offer. Here’s the best way to fake it.
Get the look
• Apply a self-tanner the night before leaving for your beachy paradise (or barbeque). By the time you wake up, you’ll have a golden tan. Remember to exfoliate and don’t apply moisturizer to the skin. Take a damp washcloth and buff your knees, elbows and around your jawline to soften the color.
• Follow the first four steps of the
5-minute face, but instead of using foundation, try a tinted moisturizer with SPF (that matches your new faux-tanned skin) to give you a more natural look. Use your under-eye concealer and your spot concealer, then powder lightly in the areas where you tend to get the most shiny.
Skip highlighter. You skin will take on a glow of it’s own in hot weather.
• Sweep on powder bronzer with a big fluffy powder brush along your temples, under your cheekbones, and lightly across your forehead, nose, and chin. Go easy so you won’t look too dark.
• Next, apply pink powder blush to the apples of your cheeks.
• Dust a light sweep of old eye shadow across your lids, and skip eyeliner.
• Apply waterproof mascara to your top lashes only.
• For lips, use sheer berry lip gloss or tinted balm. Either way, choose one with an SPF.
• Throw oil-blotting papers into your bag. They act like a sponge and lift away greasiness, so you don’t have to apply powder all day. Powder will begin to look cakey and heavy if you load it on.
• Pedicure pointers: Pretty seashell, coral, or pink nail polish will look beautiful with a tan.
The 5-Minute Face by Carmindy. Copyright(c) 2007by Carmindy. Published by arrangement with HarperCollins Publishers.