Work is underway on the site and may cause inaccessibility to some content, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We do our utmost to ensure that all items are available again as soon as possible. If problems occur, please contact our customer service.
5 beauty looks we loved this weekend at London Fashion Week
1. Tucked-in hair: It’s the greatest relief in the world to know this look hasn’t vanished for good. This carefree styling technique was seen at Simone Rocha, where the hair was tied like an Hermès scarf; Alice Temperley, where actual scarves held hair whips in place; and House of Holland, where misplaced strands were tucked into inventive fabrics like blue and green jacquard. (Image: Imax Tree)
2. Berry lips: Backstage at Julien Macdonald, face painter extraordinaire Val Garland created a flawless canvas by blending highlighter and foundation across models’ skin, so the central focus of the look – the lip – could shine (as it did). She layered a L’Oréal lipgloss over a deep wine lipstick, which would be show stopping enough – and yet, she finished with a custom-blended silver pigment for a 3D effect. (Image: Imax Tree)
3. Tom Ford’s L.A. show: Instead of holding his London Fashion Week show in, you know, London, Tom Ford chose to display his F/W ’15 collection in Los Angeles… two days before the Oscars. Needless to say, hoards of celebs showed up: Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Miley Cyrus, Nicole Richie, Olivia Munn, J Lo, Julianne Moore, Gweynth Paltrow, Scarlett Johansson…we could go on. The runway was equally as star-studded: top models Joan Smalls, Gigi Hadid and Karlie Kloss all walked in the show (meaning they weren’t available to walk any other shows held in London that day), and Bella Hadid (Gigi’s younger sister), made her fashion week debut. Such is the power of Tom Ford. (Image: Instagram/bellahadid)
4. The scene at Topshop: The beauty look at Topshop was pretty – rosy cheeks, drawn-on freckles, mascara – but we kept looking to the front row: It was the prime location for spotting gorgeous real life beauty looks from the likes of Kendall Jenner, Cara Delevingne, Jourdan Dunn, Alexa Chung, Jessie Ware, Emily Ratajkowski and Daisy Lowe. (Image: Instagram/elleuk)
5. Holly Fulton: Hair accessories are still going strong. On day 2 of LFW, Holly Fulton’s models wore their hair half-up half-down, secured with custom barrettes; some featured designs that reminded us of the Ric-Rac-inspired squiggles Madeline Poole created for nails at Adam Selman’s NYFW show. (Squiggles: a possible beauty trend? We’ll report back after Milan.) (Image: Imax Tree)