ELLE has the tips to get your legs super sexy!
We all know that our legs never looked better than when strap on our sexiest stilettos. But wearing stilettos everyday can sadly be a hassle and as much as we may want to, our tender tootsies can only take so much. So, ELLE enlisted the help of Nicole Yamanaka, owner and personal trainer at Le Physique in Vancouver to get our legs toned stiletto style with these exercises, minus the high heels.
Remember to check with your physician before starting any new (or making modifications to your current) exercise program. Working a trained and experienced personal trainer will enhance your results as well as keeping your safety in mind.
Modified Straight Leg Deadlift
Tones: hamstrings, abdominals and lower back.
1) Begin with good posture and hold the weights in front of your thighs.
2) Like a robot, keep your torso straight and stiff, begin your movement by hinging at your hips. Imagine pushing your bum back as though you were bowing.
3) Keeping your spine long, and your legs straight but not locked, slowly lower the weights past your knees and stopping at your shins. At this point your body should look like the number 7 and you should feel a gentle stretch in the back of your leg.
4) Make sure your abdominals are still pulled in tightly and slowly return to a standing position, recheck your posture and repeat.
Tones: glues, quadriceps, hamstrings, abdominals and lower back
1) Start with good posture and feet hip width apart, begin the movement by hinging at the hips and gently pushing your bum back like you were going to sit on a high stool.
2) Watch your form in a mirror and keep your chest, head and eyes up to promote spinal extension (think of your back as a ski-ramp) or look out a window and enjoy the view.
3) As you lower your bum, bend your knees and "sit down`` until your knees reach approximately 90 degrees.
4) Though your back should be straight, it should not be perpendicular to the floor. You will be leaning slightly forward to counterbalance the weight of your hips and to keep you from the sensation of falling backwards.
5) Stand up by squeezing your glutes and pushing your hips forward, check your posture and repeat