Imaxtree.com Image by: Imaxtree.com
From left to right: Thom Browne, Donna Karan, Carolina Herrera, Tommy Hilfiger, 3.1 Phillip Lim
Charlotte Herrold, associate fashion editor:
1. Donna Karan: Already we're seeing black and gold emerge as a trend at NYFW Fall 2015, and this is my favourite take on it so far. It's so perfectly fitting for Donna Karan's Midnight-in-Manhattan runway setting.
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim: Phillip Lim hit it out of the park for the tenth anniversary of 3.1. His glam take on streetwear mixed with smart tailoring and just the right amount of femininity is irresistible.
3. Tommy Hilfiger: When it comes to sporty prep, Tommy wins every time. And with this show he's invented your new weekend style staple: the boyfriend jersey.
4. Thom Browne: The layers of texture in this collection are so beautiful to behold. Black on black has never looked so luxe.
5. Carolina Herrera: Predictably pretty, but still statement-making, this gown is a sure pick for the red carpet.
Sarah Thompson, content producer:
1. Carolina Herrera: Because I'm a Pisces and water is my element, this dreamy aqua-inspired Herrera gown is a must-have for my dream closet.
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim: A leather vest plaid pants ankle boots = the perfect biker chic look for Fall 2015.
3. Donna Karan: This ladylike ensemble (complete with a metallic jacket, floral belt and statement earring) is worthy of a gold statuette.
4. Tommy Hilfiger: Even though the stadium venue was totally epic, this Tommy Hilfiger jersey dress is best suited for Tom Brady on the football field.
5. Thom Browne: I think the only person who could pull this look off is Lady Gaga in concert.
Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief:
1.Donna Karan: There’s always a soft spot in my fashion heart for subtle shimmery glam with an Asian twist.
2. Thom Browne: His collection is always one of the most complicated and evocative shows at NYFW. There’s always a dark and dramatic undertone to his work; it’s like a watching your favourite film noir. It’s a little bit creepy, but deliciously addictive.
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim: Punk plaid with a menswear twist: love the irony behind that combo.
4. Tommy Hilfiger: Nobody celebrates America writ large like Tommy. Football fashion has never looked this good.
5. Carolina Herrera: The collection, including this gown, was a little too “awash” with its water references for me.